Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cold Comfort

Cabinet as of today Jan 4
Well, today was Day #2 of welfare. I missed the deadline for the promotion without exam test. Man, I am still a little out of it man. I did take care of some errands today. Walked Mike's dogs, brought laundry to laundromat and got a bit o food at the Fresh Grocer. It was again real cold out today. Very cold for sure. I am not used to it and can't find the long johns. Found out the apartment is pretty cool. Since I do not pay electric, time to find a space heater.The long-awaited cabinet arrived. The landlord installed it part way without the doors. He wanted me to see if I liked it. Well, yes in fact I do like it there. Nowhere else to put it. You will note that it
right above the oven. There was a suggestion for a range hood. I have no ventilation near the oven as you can see from the photo above. I got some suggestions on that matter.

True - add that to the long list of fire hazards! - That's not going to happen with this landlord - would be a miracle - no place to vent except out the window - but may be worth a look at ikea or the home depot for kits that provide an exhaust fan option that is modular and easy to install?
I suppose I should inquire the landlord about getting one of them. In the meantime a friend is coming over to help with the electrical and maybe get a drill, since I can not find mine at this time.
They have cheap hoods that blow it right back at you. We had that in our apartment in Greenbelt. Maybe $60. It is probably worth it for fire protection. The landlord proly has an old one in the basement lol. I'm making pigtails for tomorrow. 12 guage. Going to graingers on the way up to Philly!
I have a Therepy apt at 7:15 pm, so its going to be busy. Got to use my phone reminders since I just missed a Dr apt that was at 10 tonite. Now its time to sleep. I need to get covers for these IKEA Pillows

No comments:

Post a Comment